Preparing For A NeuroMovement® Lesson
- Candeo Movement requires that a parent or caregiver be present in the room while their child is receiving a lesson.
- Please bring your child in comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement.
- Please bring a snack and a drink for your child. Many children become hungry during or immediately after a lesson
Tell your child that you are taking them to see someone who helps people learn how to move their bodies in new and different ways. Please do not describe the appointment in medical terms, or refer to it as "therapy." This can have negative connotations for children who have received extensive intervention.
Please do not schedule other interventions during the days when your child is receiving intensive lessons. During a lesson, your child's nervous system will change the way it organizes their movements. The integration of these changes is best supported by an unstructured, restful day.
- Please bring socks, and wear comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement.
- Please do not schedule strenuous activity (weight lifting, distance running, spin class, etc.) on the day of a lesson. During a lesson, your nervous system will change the way it organizes your movements. The integration of those changes can be disrupted by effortful physical activity.